• The role is based in Sandtoft, Doncaster. Occasional travel to sites throughout the UK will be required.
• The role is available as full time. The full time role will include support with sales, estimating, supply chain management and other commercial.
• The candidate should have a recognised qualification in a construction related course of studies, ideally Quantity Surveying, although other appropriate qualifications with relevant and supporting experience will be considered.
• The role would ideally suit a person with experience in civil engineering or small to medium ground works, and who has worked for either a subcontractor or main contracting organisation.
• Contract Analysis – Experience in using various forms of contracts, both standard and bespoke in order to prepare commercial risk assessments with recommendations for the management team. Knowledge and experience of using the NEC Contract is essential.
• The ability to engage with client organisations to negotiate favourable fair terms of agreement.
• Contract Administration – The ability to manage the contractors’ commercial and contractual obligations under the contract with regards to managing early warnings, variations, claims, applications for payment and general communications.
• IT skills - Proficient with the Microsoft suite of products, with a high degree of skill with MS Word and Excel.
• Assertive, strategic, but co-operative approach to manage client and supplier relationship to the benefit of the business.
• Travel is required occasionally throughout the UK so the ability to travel is necessary, (not necessarily by car but to have their means to get to various sites).
• Relative and dependent on experience and ability.